Following the morale, Small is Beautiful & Simple is the Best, our Business Plan is also Small & Simple. We would like to emphasize more on Punctuality, Comfort coupled with speed in transportation and last but not the least, the Safety of all our passengers. Tourists desiring to visit the only coral island of Bangladesh, the St. Martins Island, will be ferried from Cox’s Bazaar to the Island by a Catamaran which will carry about 250 passengers and has a cruising speed of 28 nm in less than 02 hours & 30 minutes. Thus allowing enough time for the tourist to go around the breathtaking coral island surrounded by the mighty Bay of Bengal and enjoy the panoramic beauty of the island. For those extra adventurous and nature lovers who would like to spend a romantic Full Moon night at the Island with the roaring sound of the Bay of Bengal Bay Cruiser is the ideal option.
For non availability of a suitable Jetty at Cox’s Bazaar, Bay Cruise International Ltd (BCIL) will operate their Catamaran ship service from Teknaf to St. Martins Island relocating itself to Teknaf. One way trip will take about one hour Thirty mins which will allow the tourists using this service to have more time to enjoy at St. Martins compared to other operators in this route.
We have plans to expand our services to other areas in future. Cruise from Chittagong to Cox’s Bazaar, Chittagong to Kuakata, Chittagong to Sandwip and Hatia, Dhaka to Chittagong with Catamaran service are in our mind. We could even use Mono hull very fast water crafts for our inland destinations like Sadarghat to Chandpur, Barisal, etc and to all the southern river ports mainly because these water crafts have a very low draft and are very fast. Safety of all the passengers is of prime concern to us and therefore all international standards of safety shall be ensured.
Specifications of Catamaran:
- Name of Catamaran: BAY CRUISER 1
- Year of Built : 1995
- Passenger Capacity: 250
- Number of Engines: 02 General Motors
- Engine Origin: USA
- Year of Launch vin Bangladesh: 2012
- Hull Material: Aluminum
- Speed : 28 nm at 100 % MCR
- Generators : 02
- Propulsion : Screw Propeller
The vessel enjoys a certification from the Korean Register (KR) as an Ocean Going Vessel. It has in built all internationally recognized Fire Fighting & Safety Equipments. Each Passenger has a dedicated Life Jacket in addition to Life Buoys. There are also sufficient Folding Life Rafts outside the Passenger Seating area thus catering for 100 % of the Passenger Safety. Fire Fighting appliances are regularly checked for their serviceability and all personnel of the company are swimmers as well as trained in Fire Fighting. Regular Fire Fighting drills are held periodically.
- The Company desires to set a very high standard in the tourism sector by providing online Reservation & Ticketing system all over Bangladesh through Bkash in addition to over the counter tickets located at various areas at Dhaka, Chittagong and Cox’s Bazaar. Timely departure and arrival shall be of utmost importance. The cleanliness of the vessel shall enjoy a high priority.
- Since the vessel has been registered with Mercantile Marine Department (MMD), therefore all required certifications have been obtained from them. In addition, there are original documents obtained from the Korean Register (KR) which shall be always available On Board for any kind of inspection.
- Manual: As per the suppliers & manufacturer’s instructions all manuals shall be held either on board or held in the office at shore.